Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grace- Season's Changing

Howdy! Guess what? It is almost September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I haven't used that many exclamation points in a long time. But as my friends will tell you, I get really giddy in September. It is my favorite month of the year. It is my birthday month, the month where I start orchestra, school, and I am the most poetic.

Plus there is the sky. Tee hee, yes, if you have been following this blog since it's existence a year ago you will have seen that the first post ever written was written by me called, "September Blue Skies".

I like to study the skies through the eyes of an artist. I love sky, when I was younger I used to love a ton of trees and woods, I wasn't too impressed with open spaces. But now?

Maybe I just got enough of trees in South Carolina where my family lived for 9 months. All there were was trees, trees, and more trees. Oh yeah, there was the ocean too. But I missed the sky SO much! I missed prairie, I missed wide open spaces.

Now it's like I can't get enough of wide fields and rolling hills, and open sky. There is something freeing about being out in the open. Something freeing about the open sky, yes, I have dreams of flying.

What kind of landscape do you like? What is your favorite month and why? Just some season changing thoughts we could share.

2 comments: