Wednesday, May 1, 2013

YBH?

At a youth conference in Branson recently, a speaker was teaching to our group of 4,000 + teens and leaders about his experience growing up in church. You hear a lot of the "Jesus died for your sins, now you need to live for Him!" and "God loves you, you should love God!" along with many, many other common Christian-living cliches. He said that he would write down all of these things people were telling him to do, and underneath them the letters "YBH!" He went on for quite a while, teaching another cliche and then screaming YBH! YBH! YBH! "This is something every teen Christian wants to know. Shoot, every Christian!" We were on our toes...what in the world was YBH?!

Yeah...but how?


"LIVE FOR CHRIST!!"

Yeah, but how?

"It's easy! Just share the gospel!"

Yeah, but how?

"Man, don't take it so hard...just trust God!"

Yeah, but how?

Starting to see a trend? It seems that everywhere we go, people are preaching at us what we have to do. Maybe even why we have to do it. I've even underlined scripture with YBH, tortured as to HOW IN THE WORLD I'm suppose to do it!! Are we suppose to know? Is this some great mystery that we just have to "trust God" with? Some of the sermons at my church I would leave in tears, because my heart was so torn. I didn't want to sound like this person that didn't want a relationship with God. But I was soooooo tired of all of the do this and do that, I just wanted to know HOW. It seems no one can tell you. Any of you out there feel like that? If you're like me...it's almost always.

That's when, (at this very moment to be exact) I was given this "aha!" moment.

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8) 
          "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)

And that...though simple..is it! 

"Trust God, man!"
Yeah, but how?
I may not know, but He does. Just seek Him, ask for the answer to that, and He'll give it to you.

"LIVE FOR CHRIST!!"
Yeah, but how?
First, you must seek Christ.

A lot of times...I find myself rambling about something that is worrying me. (I'm probably rambling about this...so my apologies if it's confusing.) And I never take the time to bring it before the One who even gave me a mind. Who even gave me life! I find, that if I EARNESTLY seek His face, and ask, it will be given to me.

NOW. Is that an always yes? Most definitely not. But it will be an answer. It may be "Wait, child, just praise Me, and wait." Or it may be "not yet, I only know what your plans are." No matter the answer, trust that His is best.

YBH?!?

I dunno..

...but He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment