Sunday, June 16, 2013

Storage Cuteness, Celina

HELLO LADIES!  I made something cute today and thought I would show you how I did it.  
I found these totally awesome drawer thingies in the basement.  I don't know if ya'll know this about me, but I LOVE organizational thingies (cute little drawers, notebooks, pens, folders blah blah blah) I am horrible at being organized but I love the thought of it all and office supply stores....gosh they are amazing!  So I saw these little drawers and my heart started singing a little bit, and I did a little jig, yes I had a heart flop about five dollar plastic drawers, so shut up.  I saw these and started putting my makeups in it and getting all happy.  It was Sunday afternoon and I don't know why but I am always a little creative on Sunday afternoons, weird I know but whatever sauce.  


 So I found scrapbook paper and decided to jazz up the drawers (I didn't end up using this paper, but I took pictures after I had already made the covers so I just used this as in example)
It is kinda hard to see but I took one of the drawers out and laid it on the paper.  The drawers arn't flat on the front (I know bummersnot) so I had to kinda guesstimate and roll the drawer around to figure out the right size to cut out.  It took a couple tries but just start bigger and you can cut it down to the right size 



                                      
Then you can use the first one as a pattern for all the rest of the drawer fronts.  Next label all of the drawer fronts. 


Next get some glue that is clear or will dry clear and put it on the patterned side of the paper 



Then just kinda smush the paper onto the drawer, on the inside front.  Mold it around the shape of the drawer and hold it on a little until you are happy with the look. 

Do this on all of the drawers 




BAMMO! Cute AND organizational..... yeahhhh it will be a horrible mess in a couple days but right now it makes my heart happy!

Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength  (FAV VERSE! Good reminder... Sitting on the internet MUST..... GET...... OFF..... just repeat this verse then click the little red X of DEATH! :D, ok maybe a little over dramatized, but whatever)

1 comment: