Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jessica~Lights, Curtains, ACTION!

Hey Gals!
As I promised, I will be keeping up day-to-day with the Shakespeare Drama I am attending. Yesterday was the first day and whew, it was so fun! We first went around introducing ourselves in the huge room of the church we are using in town. Directors, Amy, Amanda and Joel instructed us into the basics of theater. We then did a few activities and fun drills to help with our lines. Including yelling out a line in frustration, or excitement or just plain stupidity. Then, while we mingled and met knew faces, the three directors left the room to cast our parts.

We were divided into three plays: A spoofed and goofy version of Romeo and Juliet, Pyramus and Thisbe, and Much Ado About Nothing. I was picked to be the fair maiden, Hero, in Much Ado About Nothing.
A quite charming adaption, funny characters and lots of very talented performers I've been able to meet, have made this experience very exciting!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I have read, "Much Ado About Nothing". The fair Hero is accused of infidelity. She swoons deathlike and is assumed dead. How perfectly thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Although I don't go into all of that. It is just a nine-page adaption of it. :( But it'll still be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. in fact, this one is mostly all about Beatrice and Benedick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I like them a bit better. More spirit. No offense Hero, you are very nice in your way. ;)

    ReplyDelete