Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lydia, Holiday fun

     So this year we got the chance to go to the Dixie Stampede! It was really fun. There are two sides of the arena which are called the North Pole and the South Pole. The different poles were rivals and during the show there were competitions between the sides.  We were the south pole and very loudly cheered when we were called to. The south pole won at the end of the competition. So I was happy.
     We definitely screamed---a I mean cheered for our side. ;). It was hard to eat and watch at the same time though. I got to see lots of gorgeous horses including a Friesian which is one of my favorite breeds.  It was fun. We also went to the Springfield Little Theater to see the Nutcracker. The boys weren't particularly interested in that, but it was really neat. The music was beautiful although not live and the ballet was fun to watch.  The costumes were also beautiful. Well I think that is most of it. I am sick of sweets-well kind of ;)-and I am tired from late getting to bed. Well that is Christmas. New Years Eve is coming up!

~Lydia

3 comments:

  1. :) that sounds fun!!! Goooo south pole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sat on the Southern side? I would have thought you would have sat on the Union side. Lydia, I expected better of you. ;)

    P.S I am making fun of all of the people who are still mad over what happened 200 years ago. Like the ones who still fly the Confederate flag. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem, not the confederates, but the south pole as in where penguins live.

    ReplyDelete