Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Funny Story

WARNING: This Story is Based Off of an Actual Occurrence. If it Seems Inappropriate, or Just Plain Hilarious, Please Post Your Comments Below. Thank You. (All Names Change)

I was lying on the couch, trying not to cry as I turned one of the last pages at an excruciating, sorrow-filled moment in the story. My chin rested in both of my hands; my feet were kicked up in the air. My eyebrows thickened above my eyes as I read from the thick book leaning against the arm of the couch chair; I moaned.

"What's Wrong?" I guess I had alarmed my father, he was sitting at his desk a few feet from me.

"My books about to DIE." I sniffed, "It only has a few pages left!"

I sat up as the story took a dangerous turn, "What about the third egg?!" I shouted at the non-responsive book I now held in my hands. Snuggling back into a comfortable position I sat back against the arm of the couch, tucking my feet below me. I gasped at an unexpected turn of events and turned another page. To my horror the other side was blank, all except a few words stating:



To Be Continued and Concluded,
In the Fourth Book.



I slammed the book shut and jumped up, thinking quickly, "Who do I know who has the fourth book?" I walked out of the room to search for the phone, "Jala bought it, but I know she doesn't have it right now; besides I would have too wait a long time for it," I picked up my phone and started searching through my contacts. "Oh!"
I shouted, "Paul! Paul has the fourth book!!" I laughed and quickly found his house number. I paused, thinking how awkward this was going to be, calling a boy. I had never called a boy before, except my brothers of course. I shrugged and pressed CALL.

"Hello?"


It was his mother, "Um, hello, can I talk to Paul?" I said awkwardly.

"Sure! One moment,"
She paused for a moment and I faintly heard, "Paul, It's a girl."

Now I know it's wrong to eavesdrop but, come on! This was already quite awkward, and I wasn't about to not listen to his reaction.


Silence, then finally I voice that must of been his younger brother said, "Really?" I tried not to laugh. No one answered him. I heard the sound of some one taking the phone and I waited. And waited. Finally Paul said,
"Hello," slowly.

"Oh hi, Paul, this is Rose," I waited for a reply,

There was a pause,
"Hello."

"Well, my birthday's coming up, and, well I just finished a book. And I know you bought the fourth one. And I was wondering, do you still have it?" I didn't waste time, nor did I really make sense, but he knew what book I was talking about.

"Sorry, I gave it to someone about a month ago and they haven't returned it,"

"Really, a month? Wow, slow reader!" I said smiling.

There was yet another awkward pause. "Kind of... I would give it to you if I had it," As if that would soothe my ever-growing desire to read the fourth book...

"I know, thanks anyway! Bye!" Click.

And that is the story of the first time I called a boy.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

To all who read this, it's probably not as funny as I thought it was, and this is not exactly how it went, not word for word. except for the "really?" hahaha!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha this is so funny! (I was on the other side of the phone listening to this conversation, haha all the more funny!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way R. You are up for Administrator.

    ReplyDelete