Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Grace- Ever Feel Like A Monster?

I do right now! Hormones, the fact that my math is SO hard feeling and takes me like FOREVER, my shoulder is sore so it is hard to play violin, my room is messy, I and my mom are in a disagreement about duvet comforters, and I am STILL HUNGRY!

A lot of capital letters and exclamation points huh? I am trying to cut down on those so that I don't look like an over emotional 7th grader. I actually am an 8th grader and still emotional, but I am attempting to downsize on drama. Ask my family if it is working though, and you might get a different answer.

I am really grumpy, tired, and about ready to bite someone's head off. I have already been rude and disrespectful to my mother more than once. So here is the question, how do I change?

Well, right now I am praying, for myself and others. I have read that it helps in times of extreme grouchiness to get your focus onto others. And I think that it might help.

God doesn't want to me go around grumbling and making my and other people's lives difficult. Or causing other people to have a bad day just because I am having one. And I am afraid that I haven't even got the excuse of 14 1/2 hormones, because in my spirit I am strong enough to be loving and cheerful despite them.

So let me say this, right now I "feel like a monster" and I want "act like a monster". But I am going to choose to be loving and gracious and respectful, whether I feel like it or not. Maybe if I put it in writing and post it up on the internet I will feel more compelled to do it. ;)

A merry heart is good medicine. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment