Friday, April 12, 2013

Babysitting joys (Celina)

Today I was babysitting all day, I was there most of the day while the Mom of the children was still there, but most of the time I was outside with the seven kids by myself.  My goal while I was outside was to have only one crying child at a time ;) just kidding! But seriously that is about how it worked, most of the time it was tears because the certain child didn't get the perfect toy at the perfect time, or child A slid down the slide and knocked child B over creating a domino effect with child C and D all the while child E was laughing at everyone and child F was pouting cause no one would play with him/her (I don't know about ya'll but I would rather be off to the side than rammed into with the full body weight of like three children in front of you), oh and then there is always child G that is crying because he didn't get to go down the slide.  We had fun most of the time but there were those moments when I kinda wanted, I don't know maybe a kick in the face so that I could go unconscious and someone else could deal with it all.  So I hung out outside until nap time and then the extra kids left leaving just four kids.  Nap time, let me just tell you, that thang is AM-MA-ZING!  I sat on the couch reading books and playing quietly   Usually nap time is a little boring but I went to Silver Dollar City yesterday and was gone ALL day so I am a little tired. Oh and tip #1- one of the best quite games to play with kids that are just old enough to not take naps- get a magazine (anything appropriate will do) and on each page let everyone pick one thing that they want, just be warned this is probably how it will go "ummm I want her outfit, no actually I want that phone, no no no actually I want that person as a sister, nope nope, I want to have the cupcakes, WAIT! I didn't even SEE the superhero panties THAT is what I want (you start to turn the page), STOOOOPPPPPP, I want the cupcakes AND the panties  I think they come in a set." apparently if anything is on the same page they can come in a set (who knew right?).  After nap time we went back out to play until the parents went on the date. Oh and to get the full enjoyment out of these stories, let me explain the kids that I was babysitting a little bit - Rebekah- 7, bossy  probably the best behaved, but is very picky about everything being fair. Sam-5, rowdy, has an attitude problem sometimes, megga sweety, blue eyes that just have the most emotion packed into eyes possible.  Clara- 4, CRAZY red curly hair she has an interesting personality, very adorable in a weird crazy way, she is very energetic but also very snuggly.  Hazel- almost 2, cute white/blonde hair, massive blue eyes, she is ornery and cute all at the same time.
Greatness that happened while babysitting
#1. I went to get Hazel up from her nap I probably left her in there about fifteen minutes after I heard her start to wake up, so I go in there "la dee da dee da, where's my little cutie??? ummm Hazel there is pink all over you" Hazel then holds up a little tub of lip gloss (you know the kind that you kind of dig out of the little pot and then apply to your face) Hazel then proceeds to grin like she is the best thing ever and says "pretty!" riggghhhhttt she had purpley pink glitter all over her, well actually a tiny dot on her face, and then like an inch thick on her knees, elbows, diaper, and hands.  She had completely emptied the little container, but her blonde hair was lookin post nap cute, and her blue eyes were just so proud of herself it was great! Clara had come in with me to wake Hazel up and she says "hey, that's mine! Celllinnnnaaa! Now you made me mad at her!" WHAATTT?!?!?! I am just an innocent bystander, oh well I will take the blame.  

#2.  So I start to make dinner, the kids had started to watch Marry Popins right before lunch and I let them watch a little bit "just until I finish getting dinner ready". Clara's like "dinner always takes a REALLY long time, unless I'm hungry and don't want to watch a movie then you can hurry"

#3. We had barbecued pulled pork for dinner and I slapped some on the bread, put the paper plates on the table and called everyone to dinner, we start eating, it is delish, Clara manages to maul her sandwich, I look over and she has taken the pulled pork and turned it into a lovely little mound far from any of the rest of her food, she eats her bread and then asks for desert.  I tell her to eat some of her meat first, she looks at it then wrinkles up her nose and says "that looks like dog chicken, I don't eat dog chicken like EVER!" Ok well that's a little strange, you don't eat dog chicken, I have no clue what that is but ok. 

#4. I was getting Hazel ready for bed and I put her in the bath to kill time until bed time.  She is in there playing happily but every minute or so she yells out "MOMMY!" which I guess I am supposed to answer to one of the times I go in there, and unscrew something or something like that and I say "I'm Celina not Mommy" I know she knows my real name cause she was saying it earlier today. Clara walks up behind me and looks at me like I am a failure of a person "it's ok if she calls you mommy! She's just a baby!!!" She then walks off and glares at me from the couch. Okaayyyyy I shall remember that from now on, good thing Clara forgives fast by the time I got back she was ready to snuggle and watch the movie. 

#5. After Hazel's bath I went in there and rolled her up in a towel I was going to take her straight to her room and get her dressed. As I am on my way down the hall into the bedroom someone knocks on the door, and before I can say anything Rebekah jumps up and says "I think I might know those people I'll get it." I was like "NO! let me get the door." I sneak up to the door, with a naked baby and three kids sitting on the couch in their pjs just chilling, hoping it isn't a creeper.  I open the door and thankfully it is someone I know and trust WHEW! They were coming to pick up a tv, supposedly I was supposed to know they were coming, I didn't. I'm like "uh hi, the tvs in here.  Do you need help?" thankfully they didn't cause as soon as I offered my help I realized that I was still holding a naked half asleep baby, what was I gonna do? plop her on the floor and help them move the tv? uhhhh no! Oh well after I finished my mini heart attack I chilled and calmly showed them the TV and the chords and stuff all the while lugging hazel around. Right as they were leaving Clara decided to tell them her life's story, complete with a detailed description of every picture in the house.  I stopped her before she gave away social security numbers and phone numbers of EVERYONE. 

So that was the fun for tonight, actually there was WAY more fun than that, but I am megga tired and ready for bed so yeppers, I hope you enjoyed and I hope you can read around my horrible grammar. 

Celina!  
  

      

2 comments:

  1. I love your writing style! It is so funny! Thank you for making my day happy! Love the stories!

    ReplyDelete