Monday, February 21, 2011

Faith

Hi!

My 18th birthday is coming up this Thursday and I am getting more and more excited about it as it gets closer. I thought I'd write a sentence about each year from 13 to present. :)

#13- A year marked with being intensely happy one moment and depressed the next. I just couldn't wait to be all grown up and 16. I also went to a horse camp for the first time. Over all, not my favorite year.
#14- Ah, now I started high school and orchestra. I was starting to learn to be more independent and less self conscious. I really enjoyed being this age.
#15- Yay, I got my permit and I was soo excited to start driving! I struggled most with rebellion and not being afraid to voice what I liked, not what others liked.
#16- Sweet Sixteen! Driving by myself opened up a whole new world of independence that was both great and a little scary at the same time. When I was thirteen I thought this was the age to be, but I didn't feel any different and certainly not the grown up, self-assured women I'd thought I would be. :) I had to learn to balance my new found freedom with sweet compliance with all the new rules that went with it. ("sweet" is the key word there)
#17- I have loved being this age! I feel like I have been "forced" to grow and mature even more as I have been pushed out of my comfort zone through college interviews, volunteering at a stable for handicapped people, among other various things. I have also grown in my faith and trust in God through World View Academy and having to give my stress and fears about the future to Him.

I expect the coming year will be full of many more changes and opportunities to deepen my relationship with God and to grow to become a more confident and compassionate person.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Years 13 and 14 sound familiar. I am so looking forward to being 16 myself, but I am also just starting to peek into a complicated and dangerous world. I feel excited and scared all at once. I also really feel insufficient to face it, because as I mature I realize just how flawed I am, and how much I need to grow.

    Watching you has really been a great way for me to learn. I often find myself saying, "What would Faith do right now?" You are not perfect, no, but you have a lot to offer that not many people do. Thank you so much for being you, and I hope that we can stay friends all through life.

    P.S. I will miss you when you leave for college. Hope we can stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Grace. That is very encouraging.

    You are a lovely young lady and I am so glad I know you! Remember that you aren't facing anything alone, God is inside of you and will be your strength!

    I expect to use gmail a lot to chat with Lydia and you to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will remember, I find myself running to Him more now than ever before.

    Wonderful about the chat!

    ReplyDelete