Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grace- Mend 'em Up, Move 'em Out

Mend 'em Up, Move 'em Out

Mending on endless seams
I think all I do is fix Graham's jeans

His jeans they are worked to a thread
I am surprised that he doesn't also wear them to bed

Running, jumping, rolling on the ground
The seams, they can't take it! The holes begin to abound

Gracie is cleaning out Graham's drawers
She smiles at the chaotic mess that tidy people abhor

Her smile vanishes, quicker than light
When she sees his three pairs of jeans, her face turns white

"I have fixed these before, this has to be a lie."
Not so my dear, what you see is not a trick to your eyes

His jeans, they are ripped, at all the wrong places
I must fix them soon, or we will have embarrassed faces

"If I fix them again, they will just rip once more."
But the holes are just too large to ignore

She sighs, and takes up her thread and needle
"I don't know what I would do with myself without this sly little weasel."

"He needs a big sister, or he wouldn't survive."
Said Gracie the proud mender and sister, now isn't she very wise?

God undoubtedly put me in Graham's life
To be his continual mender and sister, until the end of time

2 comments: