Sunday, April 17, 2011

Grace- Jesus Is...

This is what a lot of Christians will say, "Jesus is my Redeemer, He's my Savoir, I would die without Him." And I TOTALLY agree with all of that. But I am not going to lie to you, choosing to follow Jesus is a TON of work. Here's a little poem about it.

What Jesus Means to Me

Jesus means a lot of crying
A lot of effort and self denying

He means turning my eyes away
And refusing things that might help me to stray

Jesus means going the extra mile
Whether or not I think it worth my while

He means that I have to be kind to others
My parents, friends, sisters and brothers

He is perfect, I am not
All He did was good, much of what I do rots

It means that I know I am always being watched
It means that my salvation was dearly bought

Jesus means, that my life is not my own
He means that I can't just hang up the phone

Jesus means a whole lot to me,
Trials, triumph, and responsibilities

Many people don't think that it is worth the effort
To follow Someone as hard as this
They chose to live their own lives, to go on and ignore
But at the end of times, who will get the rewards?

I have the promise of eternal life
Despite the sins of this world, despite my strife

Jesus has covered it all for me
I'd say it's worth the risk, wouldn't you agree?

6 comments:

  1. Oh. Wow. That was just fantastic, Grace! You said it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. That poem had been forming in my mind for several days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, don't you just love that feeling when something like a song, or a poem, or the next couple of paragraphs in a story is just bubbling for days and you FINALLY get it out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Especially when it all sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You said it girl

    ReplyDelete