Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lydia, My life

Hi!
Lets see...I will relate what has been going on in my life the past weeks. Well we had a choir concert, it went pretty well, I had a great time singing the fun "Psalmo 150" and the gorgeous "The Lord Bless you and Keep you." I really enjoy choir and am pondering over trying out for the audition choir "Bel Canto" at the end of the school year. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. Today my dad and sister are in Oklahoma-where the wind comes sweeping down the plain ;)-looking at some vehicles to possibly get. So they might come home with a new car! Going to Oklahoma sounds far, but actually it is only around two hours away from our house. I have been enjoying the beautiful spring weather. I am going to plant my flower garden soon. I will plant these lovely "painted daisies", some wildflowers, purple cone flowers, and others. I though I would post this poem I made up a year ago.

Spring

The bright blue sky smiles down,

to the grassy field carpeting the ground.

The puffy white clouds sail a loft,

over the hills and the chimney tops.

The sun warms the soft dirt,

The rain waters the brown earth,

allowing the flowers to open up and bloom

they will reveal their full splendor soon

The whole world sparkles in flowers galore,

in pinks, purples, and colors ever more.

The daffodils and roses smell so sweet,

the bee’s who love the nectar’s special treat.

All make me think of beautiful spring,

so many colorful, glorious things.

It just makes my heart want to sing,

with the beauty that the sweet spring air brings.


Love you all!

~Lydia Joy


2 comments:

  1. How lovely! I love daisies. We girls are going to plant some Sweet Peas and Lobelia in our garden. And we are hoping to plant some big bright sunflowers out near the dogs pen. We might need some more flowers later, but that is all we have thus far.

    I remember that poem, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lydia! That was very beautiful! You are so good at creating poems!

    ReplyDelete