Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grace- Creativity

Boy, my mom is awesome. She is so creative. Lately mom has found a bunch of those, "Decorate on a dime" blogs by a bunch of moms like herself. Now she is inspired and ready to do it herself!

And believe me, she has. Recently our town had its citywide garage sale. Ooh! Garage sales! That word makes my nostrils flair and my spine tingle. I LOVE garage sales.

Mom and Dad came across some incredible deals on lamps, furniture, dishes, and decor. So now mom is just giving them a "Stacey" makeover, and viola! You have a designer display.

For example. We have been doing a ton of room switching, spring cleaning, and decorating. I never knew that one household could contain this much dust, but apparently it can.

One of the rooms we have been working in is the girls' room. The room switch has been in progress almost since March. So maybe that will give you an idea of how miserable it has been. Anyway, we needed some shelves for our decor. Mom found one little shelf with an ivy wreath, and then she found a spice rack.

A spice rack? It can store more than spices, it is the perfect little shelf for nick nacks and such. So, taking the spice rack, our shelf, a decorative wall fan, a mirror, and a can of sage green spray paint, Mom made us some incredible decorations!

I love spray paint, and I love creativity. Can the two mix? Oh yes.

Creativity and decor make for the best and most memorable rooms. Why don't you try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment