Saturday, May 21, 2011

Grace- Weather Wars

If you have been reading this blog, then you will have read the blog post, "Seasonal Wars". Yes, I was sticking up for the underdog of all seasons, winter.

Now I must stick up for rain. Everyone is so deeply in love with sunshine, and they always dread rain. Don't get me wrong, I like sunshine too. But some people overrate it. This is an argument a friend and I about rain.

Jessica-

Dear Rain,
I know, I know, it's Spring and this is your time to come, but honestly I am very mad. It is almost JUNE! I'd really appreciated it if you sent down your friend Warmth & Sunshine. She's my favorite.
Sincerely,
Jessica
Lydia Burnett - I must agree with you although I do love rain sometimes.5/19
Grace Gidman - Dear Jessica,

Though sometimes I lightening and thunder
My being here was no blunder
God created me to be His watering can
I am only following through with His plan

There is purpose in my drenching sheets
It is to make the world fresh and clean
To water the flowers, trees, and gardens
Your pleas for sunshine I do not pardon

My friend Warmth and Sunshine is a very cheery girl
But she dries things up, I fill your well
All the clean and beautiful water that you drink and bathe in
That was me, that was my creation

There are places in this world, take Africa for example
That are dry and hot, their water is not ample
Their little children have dry lips, and no water to sip

Be thankful that I visit you as often as I do
Without me your life would vastly change
Your skies would be dull and brown, not a happy blue
I make the grass green, I make lush the range

I am here at the Big Man's Command
I am following my Generals order
I cannot listen to your demands.

Dripping with good wishes,
Rain
Jessica Aaron - Thanks Grace. That helped :D
In case you want to reread "Seasonal Wars", here's the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment