Monday, March 14, 2011

Grace-Bossy

I am an older sister. I have four younger siblings and one older one. So I tend to boss all of them around. I mean, come on, they would all be helpless without me, right?

Ah, no. In fact, I could not get along without them. But a lot of the time, you wouldn't think that. Mom told me today that I have been bossier in the past year. I myself have noticed it and have wondered what the right level really is. I do naturally have a motherly instinct and I am the second mother around here, but on the other hand sometimes I just find it easier to make them do what I want or stop whatever is irritating me because I am older and bigger.

Irritation and snappishness seem to follow me around lately. And no, I can't blame it all on hormones. It just feels like things that didn't used to bother me now bug me like you would not believe. And my mouth is just terrible sometimes! I have gotten WAY to outspoken. I have always been opinionated and outspoken, but lately I have just gotten extreme. And sometimes I say stuff that hurts people when I really didn't mean to. Ugh! What's a girl to do?

I know that other teens struggle with this, but that doesn't mean that is right, or that we can just blame it all on hormones. Well, then just get over it Gracie, I mean, all teens have this, and you will just have to accept that you will be a royal pain and terror until you reach the mature age of 18.

Ha ha, I don't think so. It has to get better than this. Maybe God is just using this as a chance to refine my character. I have been trying to work harder at the things that I struggle most with, but it is really hard. I wake up in the morning and think, "Ah, a fresh day with no mistakes." And by 8:30 I have already royally blown it.

I know that I will never be perfect, but I can be a lot more like Jesus than I am right now. How do you feel about all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment