Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bekah (Farr) Tangled

Okay, don't freak out! I am not about to write about the new Disney movie that's about to be in theaters!! "Oh my goodness I can't wait to see how they strangely twist the story of Repunsel.." No. I am about to humble myself and ask for prayer.

I went to Wednesday Night Church about an hour ago (Not Living Stones Baptist) and the teacher there talked about some things that teenagers, and sinners as a whole, struggle with, one of the main things he talked about was, he named it, "eyes". He was talking about lusting with the eyes. I am not going to make excuses like "what I have done is really not as bad as lusting because i never really thought about.. you know.. sexually" because in saying that I would be speaking heresy because the bible clearly states that if you look at some one in that kind of a way it is the same as committing adultery.

I do believe that this is something that I have struggled with before. And I will not begin to think that it is something I could not do again just because God has so clearly shown me my sin. So I am asking for prayer. I am not asking for pity, and i do not think any of you are immature enough to look at this and not understand that it is just as small as teasing your little brother and just as big as murder.

Another thing I will admit to you all so that I may be humbled and you will know exactly what to pray for is this, pride. BIG word. Specifically pray that God would in every way, everyday, humble me and set my eyes on him. And in another way is that my words would not be prideful (especially around my fellow Christians) but would benefit those who listen.

I love you all!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I know how you feel! I find pride at the base of almost all of my problems right now. It is uncanny how that thing gets around. I won't pity you, but I do want you to know that I understand and will pray.

    ReplyDelete