Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Grace, My Lace Curtains

I have prayed for many things, and amazingly, God has often answered my prayers.

It started a long time ago when I prayed for a baby sister. It wasn't long after my little brother was born, I was thrilled to have him! But after a while I began to feel the "only girl" thing. So I asked mom for a baby sister. She told me to ask God, and about a year later, we found out that a darling baby girl was on the way!
I remember the first night that she was home. She was the prettiest thing I had ever see, wearing an adorable pink sleeper and sleeping in our Moses basket that had soft baby colors and bows. She had her fist doubled up and smelled really sweet. Her cheeks were chubby and her hair was beautifully dark.

Then the next big thing that I got was years later. It was when my family was living in South Carolina and Easter was approaching. The previous year we had had a great big dinner with my grandparents, but this year we were going to be alone. That saddened me really bad, so I prayed that God would give us someone to spend Easter with. Well wonder of all wonders something came up and we had to return for a trip to Missouri. And we were going to arrive there the DAY BEFORE EASTER!

Next it was when we were going to come home for good, and I wanted to be home for the 4th of July and see my own fireworks in my own hometown. Mama and Daddy didn't think that we would be ready to move in time, but, amazingly, it turned out the house we were renting had to be vacated by June 30th! So, we came back to Missouri on the 30th and were present for our fireworks on July 4th.

Now to my lace curtains. I have always liked lace, there is an old fashioned grace about it and it makes everything look soft and elegant. I have always wanted lace curtains, but I never had them. Well! When we moved into our newly bought house and were getting our rooms set up I told mama that I wanted lace curtains. She said that she didn't think that we would be able to get them. So God heard about my desire next, lace curtains with a flower pattern.
A week or so later we happened to be out garage sale shopping, and what should be on the table for 50 cents but two beautifully flower patterned lace curtains!

I now do school in my room, and I am glad. Because that means that I get to look at my lace curtains, yes, I love them like I would pets.

God has revealed himself to me in a very special way by answering my prayers. Not that He answers all the way I would want Him to, but He has some.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I love lace curtains and the class they add to a room. Maybe you can show pictures sometime down the line. :)

    ReplyDelete