Friday, September 3, 2010

Grace, September Skies

Ah! I love the month of September. Not only is my birthday in September, but it also is a month of great promise.

I am not a fan of summer, hot, dry, sweat, intense sunshine. Spiders, ticks, and snakes are all lively at this time. It is hot, the sun is to bright, ugh!

But I love fall, oh I know, technically September is still summer, but, to me it is the beginning of fall.

One of my favorite things about September is the sky. I study the skies through the eyes of hopefully a potential writer, and hobby artist.
The skies in winter are overcast and gray, not necessarily ugly, if they promise snow then they really are quite lovely in their own way. In spring they turn a soft powder blue, almost a baby blue. In summer they are just blue, but they get to be very terrible in late July to the end of August.

August, ugh! I detest the month of August. Heat, to many days, drought, nothing ever happens. It has to be the longest month of the year for me! And the sky! Oh, it is such a washed out and dusty, hazy blue it can hardly be called blue at all.

Blue, it is one of the prettiest colors in the world, and one of the most versatile. It can be a tropical blue, with greens and yellows intermixed.
It can be a dreamland blue with pinks and purples. It can be an ANGRY blue with grays and browns and fierce whites as ocean waves get tossed about.
It can be a cold, northern blue that is almost gray navy.
It can be a soft, spring blue with promise of sweet little things growing all around.
It can be a playful blue with splashes of red and green and yellow.

And it can be a September blue, which is a blue like no other. It is the bluest blue of all blue blues I have ever seen. It is just blue all the way through, it isn't like that at other times.
In October the sky gets a shade of purple added to it, a gorgeous back drop for the fall leaves.

But in the month of September, it is the truest blue I have ever seen. And it is the prettiest shade of blue ever.

My brothers tease me for this idea, but they just don't understand.

Of all skies, I love the September blue skies the best. I was born under them, so I guess it is just in my blood. I hope to live somewhere where I can see the sky at it's fullest, because I love sky. It makes you feel so wild, open, and free. Like you have breathing room, like you want to shout for joy, like you could run to the top of them mountain and back without breathing.

The sky is a wonderful thing, and it is in it's highest glory in the month of September.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you put that into perfect words Grace, at this rate you will be a writter tomarrow!
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I say that she's a writer NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete