Sunday, September 5, 2010

Jessica, Poems

Here is one of my "Spare Time Poems" that my mom and I did in school last year. Some of these I submitted to the magazine before we had this blog, I'm not sure if they made it so, I'll just post it again. :p

~Paradise~
Ya! Ya! I shouted that cool September evening,
My horse, Faith, galloped through the field so gracefully and lightly that I barely bounced on the leather saddle.
I could hear my own heartbeat as she leaped over the cool Missouri stream, wending it's way down the rocky plains.
The wind danced in my hair like ballet girls in full motion.

I was in paradise.

A curious squirrel, searching for nuts before his winters hibernation, leaped out of our path.
Hawks glided above, adorned with the spots of sunlight on their wings
The monotonous heavy breathing of Faith filled my ears as the sun slowly faded behind the silhouetted trees.
A huge beautiful moon appeared minutes later followed by diamond like stars dancing in the dusk.

I was in paradise.

I led Faith back to the stable for one more much needed rest.
I kissed her soft muzzle as sleep crept into the night air.
I was happy,
we would again continue or paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment